Mob burn Bihar police station, constables injured
Madhubani: Angry locals today set
ablaze a police station apparently being angry when a truck
ran over a youth at Jhanjharpur in Bihar`s Madhubani district.
Two constables - R N Tiwari and P P Yadav - of
Jhanjharpur police station suffered injuries in the attack,
The police said Md Safiq was killed when a speeding truck
hit him at Barmu village near the police station.
Locals blocked Jhanjharpur-Fulparas road before attacking
Jhanjharpur police station which they burnt by dousing
kerosene and petrol.
While some police officers present there escaped, Tiwari
and Yadav suffered injuries when the mob pelted them with
stones and brickbats, sources said.
The police said they also burnt the official jeep,
quarters of some policemen and seized motorcycles and
Police patrol has been intensified and senior police
officers were camping on the spot, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss