Mob burn Bihar police station, constables injured
Madhubani: Angry locals today set
ablaze a police station apparently being angry when a truck
ran over a youth at Jhanjharpur in Bihar`s Madhubani district.
Two constables - R N Tiwari and P P Yadav - of
Jhanjharpur police station suffered injuries in the attack,
The police said Md Safiq was killed when a speeding truck
hit him at Barmu village near the police station.
Locals blocked Jhanjharpur-Fulparas road before attacking
Jhanjharpur police station which they burnt by dousing
kerosene and petrol.
While some police officers present there escaped, Tiwari
and Yadav suffered injuries when the mob pelted them with
stones and brickbats, sources said.
The police said they also burnt the official jeep,
quarters of some policemen and seized motorcycles and
Police patrol has been intensified and senior police
officers were camping on the spot, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days