Modi govt gets 3 on 10 from Bihar CM
Patna: As the Narendra Modi government turns 100-day-old, an unimpressed Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Monday said he would award the Prime Minister only three points in a scale of 10.
"I will give only three marks out of 10 to the Modi government after taking into account its performance on various fronts till date," Manjhi said.
The NDA government's attitude towards Bihar was negative, it failed to contain price rise and to bring back black money from foreign shores that it had promised to do so at the earliest, Manjhi told reporters on the sidelines of 'Janata Durbar' at his official residence.
"The Modi government ignored our legitimate demand for special status or special package. Besides, our state did not get anything worthwhile in the budget," he said.
Continuing with the 'step motherly' attitude like that of the UPA government, the BJP led dispensation did not provide funds for road, irrigation, railway and power projects in Bihar, the chief minister said.
It appeared that Modi has imposed dictatorship of sorts by not allowing his ministers to have private secretaries of their choice, he said.
Manjhi said he did not believe that Modi is 'pro-poor' as the central government has not launched any scheme to mitigate the plight of the downtrodden, farmers and unorganized labourers.
The JD(U) leader also trashed the Prime Minister's tough talk on rooting out corruption saying the steps taken in this direction yielded nothing while crores of rupees were recovered from the residence of a BJP MP from Bihar recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!