MS chief Bill Gates to adopt Bihar village
Patna: Microsoft chief Bill Gates will adopt a backward village in Bihar during his daylong visit to the state Wednesday, officials said.
The philanthropist, accompanied by officials of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, will visit the state for the first time.
Gates would adopt Gularia village in Khagaria, about 170 km from here, and help improve the socio-economic condition of the people, the district`s Superintendent of Police Sudhanshu Kumar said.
At present, the village, comprising mainly Mahadalits, considered poorer than dalits, does not have even basic civic amenities like running water, electricity, schools and health centres.
Gates is also scheduled to meet Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in the state capital to discuss development issues and changes taking place for the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'