MS chief Bill Gates to adopt Bihar village
Patna: Microsoft chief Bill Gates will adopt a backward village in Bihar during his daylong visit to the state Wednesday, officials said.
The philanthropist, accompanied by officials of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, will visit the state for the first time.
Gates would adopt Gularia village in Khagaria, about 170 km from here, and help improve the socio-economic condition of the people, the district`s Superintendent of Police Sudhanshu Kumar said.
At present, the village, comprising mainly Mahadalits, considered poorer than dalits, does not have even basic civic amenities like running water, electricity, schools and health centres.
Gates is also scheduled to meet Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in the state capital to discuss development issues and changes taking place for the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security