Narendra Modi likely to address rally in Bihar
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Defying a political diktat by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Narendra Modi may reportedly attend a rally in Patna by end of this year.
Modi has been invited by Bihar BJP leaders to address a political rally in December on the sidelines of BJP conference in Goa, as per reports. If Modi gives his nod, this will be his second rally in Patna after 2005.
Referring to Gujarat riots that took place in 2002, Nitish said that Modi lacks “secular credentials”. With over 15 per cent of Muslim population in the state, Nitish Kumar’s government relies on their votes, the report states.
In 2010, when Modi attended a meeting with Bihar BJP leaders, posters of him with Nitish were reportedly put up which enraged the latter. Nitish then cancelled the dinner which he was hosting for top BJP leaders.
Meanwhile, the is finally set to make a big announcement on making Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its poll panel chief for the upcoming Assembly elections and the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari is likely to be appointed as the head of the manifesto committee for the 2014 election, as per reports.
The announcement is expected a day after a clearly divided BJP could not take any decision on Saturday after strong resistance from party veteran LK Advani and some other senior leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway