Narendra Modi`s posters blackened in Bihar, complaint lodged
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
Patna: A police complaint was lodged over the blackening of posters of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi ahead of the Hunkar rally scheduled to be held here on 27 October at the Gandhi Maidan, as per reports.
The complaint was reportedly lodged by a BJP MLA from Kumhrar, Arun Kumar Sinha, who alleged that political rivals were behind the blackening of faces of party`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections. Sinha told a news agency that he found many posters were torn in his constituency, while others had been blackened and said that those who had resorted to the act were afraid of the rally`s success.
The complaint has been lodged with Kadam Kuan police station.
Preparations are in full swing for Modi`s rally with posters and hoardings all over the city and other parts of the state. The state BJP unit is leaving no stones unturned to mobilise support and make the event a mega success.
A huge tent is being erected at the venue of the rally and massive arrangement is being done for food for lakhs of supporters who are expected to come to hear Modi. Also, many special trains and thousands of buses have been booked to transport people from different parts of the state to the venue.
This will be Modi`s first address on Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s home turf after the BJP and JD(U) split on 16 June this year ending a seventeen year old alliance over the accession of the Gujarat CM in his party ahead of 2014 General Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest