Neither BJP nor Congress will come to power in 2014: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday claimed that neither the BJP nor the Congress would get a majority in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, while also dismissing the possibility of emergence of a Third Front.
"In such a condition parties opposed to Congress and BJP holds importance," Kumar told reporters here.
Asked about a Third Front, he replied "Where is the Third Front? No such front has arisen yet."
Hinting that an alliance of parties opposed to the Congress and BJP might take place after the polls, he said "when time comes we will take a decision.
"We (JD-U) have not spared any thought to it as we are focusing on our state," he said.
About his chance of becoming Prime Minister, he said the question had no relevance.
A rally against communalism in Delhi on October 30 in which 14 parties including JD(U), Samajwadi Party, Left parties and JDS had participated, triggered speculation about formation of a Third Front for the parliamentary elections.
Nitish Kumar and SP Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav were the main speakers at the meet.
There was speculation of JD(U) oscillating between Congress and the possibility of emergence of a Third Front.
A section of Congress leaders wanted an alliance with the JD(U) instead of joining hands with jailed RJD president Lalu Prasad and LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan.
Four Congress MLAs in Bihar had voted for the Kumar government during a confidence motion after the split with the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni admits execution of his last ball dismissal wrong
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)