Nitish Kumar asks Narendra Modi to spell out `substantive` issues
Patna: Attacking Narendra Modi without naming, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said that he should spell out his views on "substantial" issues as sentimental ones were of no consequence.
"Arousing some sentimental issues or remembering Lord Ram and Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel after 60 years will not help," Kumar told reporters when asked to comment on BJP`s `run for unity`, a brainchild of Narendra Modi.
He said a person named as Prime Ministerial candidate needed to make public his views on substantive issues.
"What should be our relations with neighbouring countries? How to reclaim the land under control of China and Pakistan? What is your plan for uplift of an economically poor state like Bihar?" he sought to know.
"Instead of addressing these issues just doing some artificial talks will not pay any dividend," Kumar said.
Asked about the chances of Congress naming Rahul Gandhi as its Prime Minister nominee, he said, "It`s an internal matter of the party and I am nobody to comment on what decision they take."
On the Congress unhappy with his meeting with YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy over the creation of Telangana, the Bihar Chief Minister justified the move and said, "We are running a political party and do not take direction from anybody on what to do and what not to do."
Kumar who had an-hour-long meeting with Jagan Reddy here on Friday evening, said he had a valid point in protesting the division of Andhra Pradesh to create a new state of Telanganga without consulting the state Assembly which violated the spirit of Article 3 of the Constitution.
"Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh were earlier reorganised, but state Assemblies were consulted over creation of new states," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya
- JNU rape case: Accused Anmol Ratan to be produced before court today
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami