Nitish Kumar pays tributes to wife, parents
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his family members today paid tributes to his parents and wife.
Kumar visited Manju Sinha Smriti Park at Kankarbagh here built in memory of his wife and paid floral tributes to her. CM`s son Nishant Kumar, his elder brother Satish Kumar, elder sister Usha Devi and younger sister Indu Devi and other family members joined him on the occasion.
The CM`s wife, a teacher by profession, had died in 2007 at the age of 53.
Later, Kumar went to his native village Kalyanbigha in Nalanda district and paid floral tributes to his father Kaviraj Ramlakhan Singh,a freedom fighter, mother Parmeshwari Devi and wife Manju Sinha at a park named after his late father.
He also went to his home at Kalyanbigha and had interaction with native villagers and kins.
He also visited Maharani temple in Kalyan Bigha and sought divine blessings for peace and prosperity of the state and its citizens, according to an official statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack