Nitish Kumar pays tributes to wife, parents
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his family members today paid tributes to his parents and wife.
Kumar visited Manju Sinha Smriti Park at Kankarbagh here built in memory of his wife and paid floral tributes to her. CM`s son Nishant Kumar, his elder brother Satish Kumar, elder sister Usha Devi and younger sister Indu Devi and other family members joined him on the occasion.
The CM`s wife, a teacher by profession, had died in 2007 at the age of 53.
Later, Kumar went to his native village Kalyanbigha in Nalanda district and paid floral tributes to his father Kaviraj Ramlakhan Singh,a freedom fighter, mother Parmeshwari Devi and wife Manju Sinha at a park named after his late father.
He also went to his home at Kalyanbigha and had interaction with native villagers and kins.
He also visited Maharani temple in Kalyan Bigha and sought divine blessings for peace and prosperity of the state and its citizens, according to an official statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore