Nitish Kumar pays tributes to wife, parents
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his family members today paid tributes to his parents and wife.
Kumar visited Manju Sinha Smriti Park at Kankarbagh here built in memory of his wife and paid floral tributes to her. CM`s son Nishant Kumar, his elder brother Satish Kumar, elder sister Usha Devi and younger sister Indu Devi and other family members joined him on the occasion.
The CM`s wife, a teacher by profession, had died in 2007 at the age of 53.
Later, Kumar went to his native village Kalyanbigha in Nalanda district and paid floral tributes to his father Kaviraj Ramlakhan Singh,a freedom fighter, mother Parmeshwari Devi and wife Manju Sinha at a park named after his late father.
He also went to his home at Kalyanbigha and had interaction with native villagers and kins.
He also visited Maharani temple in Kalyan Bigha and sought divine blessings for peace and prosperity of the state and its citizens, according to an official statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`