Nitish Kumar pays tributes to wife, parents
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his family members today paid tributes to his parents and wife.
Kumar visited Manju Sinha Smriti Park at Kankarbagh here built in memory of his wife and paid floral tributes to her. CM`s son Nishant Kumar, his elder brother Satish Kumar, elder sister Usha Devi and younger sister Indu Devi and other family members joined him on the occasion.
The CM`s wife, a teacher by profession, had died in 2007 at the age of 53.
Later, Kumar went to his native village Kalyanbigha in Nalanda district and paid floral tributes to his father Kaviraj Ramlakhan Singh,a freedom fighter, mother Parmeshwari Devi and wife Manju Sinha at a park named after his late father.
He also went to his home at Kalyanbigha and had interaction with native villagers and kins.
He also visited Maharani temple in Kalyan Bigha and sought divine blessings for peace and prosperity of the state and its citizens, according to an official statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you