‘Nitish misleading public on corruption issue’
Masaurhi (Bihar): Bihar Youth Congress on Sunday accused Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of "misleading and
cheating" people on the issue of corruption and said his
crusade against the burning issue was "nothing but an
"Nitish is misleading and cheating public on the issue of
corruption and his crusade against the burning issue is
nothing but an eyewash and also to divert people`s
attention from it," state Youth Congress chief Lalan Kumar,
flanked by its secretary Sanjeev Singh, told reporters here.
Kumar and Singh, who were here to canvass people`s
support for the Indian Youth Congress conclave scheduled in
New Delhi on November 24, alleged rampant corruption prevails
in all central-sponsored welfare and development schemes in
Alleging that MNREGA was a flop in the state, Kumar asked
as to what had prevented Kumar from ordering a probe into the
irregularities in the scheme.
"The state government`s initiatives, be it steps to
eradicate corruption in making available the public utility
services through Right to Service Act...special provisions to
confiscate the properties of the corrupt public servants,
besides the proposed draft for constitution of Lokayakuta in
Bihar have failed to take off," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security