Nitish nursing prime ministerial ambition: Lalu
Bhagalpur: Describing the special status demand for Bihar as Nitish Kumar`s pet political agenda to boost his career, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Thursday said that the Chief Minister was nursing an ambition to become the Prime Minister of the country.
"The special status demand is nothing but a personal and political agenda of the Chief Minister.....He wants to ride this agenda to become the Prime Minister of the country," he told reporters after reaching Bhagalpur to undertake `Parivartan yatra` in the district.
However, the prime ministerial ambition will merely prove to be a mirage for Kumar as the people of Bihar have "belatedly realised their mistake of having re-elected the NDA to power which was embroiled in corruption," Prasad said.
The massive public protest greeting the Chief Minister during his `Adhikar yatra` is an indication of the fact that the people are fed up with corruption, lawlessness and misrule of the NDA government, the RJD supremo said and taunted the former to start reverse counting of his days in power.
On the special status issue, Prasad slammed his bete noire for adopting a double standard and said that after strongly opposing the demand made by the then Chief Minister Rabri Devi after bifurcation of Bihar, the latter has conveniently hijacked the agenda for political benefits.
The RJD leader also took pot shot at the Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and described his as `appendage` of the Chief Minister even at a time when the alliance between the JD(U) and BJP has hit a rough patch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India