Nitish nursing prime ministerial ambition: Lalu
Bhagalpur: Describing the special status demand for Bihar as Nitish Kumar`s pet political agenda to boost his career, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Thursday said that the Chief Minister was nursing an ambition to become the Prime Minister of the country.
"The special status demand is nothing but a personal and political agenda of the Chief Minister.....He wants to ride this agenda to become the Prime Minister of the country," he told reporters after reaching Bhagalpur to undertake `Parivartan yatra` in the district.
However, the prime ministerial ambition will merely prove to be a mirage for Kumar as the people of Bihar have "belatedly realised their mistake of having re-elected the NDA to power which was embroiled in corruption," Prasad said.
The massive public protest greeting the Chief Minister during his `Adhikar yatra` is an indication of the fact that the people are fed up with corruption, lawlessness and misrule of the NDA government, the RJD supremo said and taunted the former to start reverse counting of his days in power.
On the special status issue, Prasad slammed his bete noire for adopting a double standard and said that after strongly opposing the demand made by the then Chief Minister Rabri Devi after bifurcation of Bihar, the latter has conveniently hijacked the agenda for political benefits.
The RJD leader also took pot shot at the Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and described his as `appendage` of the Chief Minister even at a time when the alliance between the JD(U) and BJP has hit a rough patch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan