Nitish nursing prime ministerial ambition: Lalu
Bhagalpur: Describing the special status demand for Bihar as Nitish Kumar`s pet political agenda to boost his career, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Thursday said that the Chief Minister was nursing an ambition to become the Prime Minister of the country.
"The special status demand is nothing but a personal and political agenda of the Chief Minister.....He wants to ride this agenda to become the Prime Minister of the country," he told reporters after reaching Bhagalpur to undertake `Parivartan yatra` in the district.
However, the prime ministerial ambition will merely prove to be a mirage for Kumar as the people of Bihar have "belatedly realised their mistake of having re-elected the NDA to power which was embroiled in corruption," Prasad said.
The massive public protest greeting the Chief Minister during his `Adhikar yatra` is an indication of the fact that the people are fed up with corruption, lawlessness and misrule of the NDA government, the RJD supremo said and taunted the former to start reverse counting of his days in power.
On the special status issue, Prasad slammed his bete noire for adopting a double standard and said that after strongly opposing the demand made by the then Chief Minister Rabri Devi after bifurcation of Bihar, the latter has conveniently hijacked the agenda for political benefits.
The RJD leader also took pot shot at the Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and described his as `appendage` of the Chief Minister even at a time when the alliance between the JD(U) and BJP has hit a rough patch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing