No question of Sadhu Yadav joining BJP: Sushil Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
Patna: A day after Anirudh Prasad alias Sadhu Yadav met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, senior state BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Saturday scotched the rumours of the Bihar Congress leader joining the Bharatiya Janata Party.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav`s estranged brother-in-law met Narendra Modi in Gandhinagar yesterday and later said that the BJP strongman has better qualities to become Prime Minister than Rahul Gandhi.
On Saturday, Sushil Modi said that the BJP has not offered Yadav a place in the party.
The BJP "hasn`t offered him (Sadhu Yadav) to join nor has he shown any such wish," Sushil Modi said.
"Anybody can meet any person as there is no bar in this," Modi said from Gaya, where he is participating in the state party executive committee meeting.
Modi`s colleague and Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Nand Kishore Yadav echoed similar views. "There is no chance of taking Sadhu Yadav into party fold," he said.
Yadav, a former Rajya Sabha MP, was accompanied by another Bihar Congress leader Dasai Chaudhary at the meeting, which took place at CM office.
He was in a defiant mood when asked about possible action from party chairperson Sonia Gandhi in the wake of his meeting.
"Who is afraid of Sonia Gandhi? Is Sonia Gandhi running this country? This country is being run by Manmohan Singh and tell me how many people know that Manmohan Singh is our Prime Minister. Whereas every child in our country knows Narendra Modi," he claimed.
Sadhu Yadav had left Lalu`s RJD before last Lok Sabha elections in 2009 to join Congress party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say