No ready solution to Maoist problem: Home Secy
Patna: There was no ready solution to the
country`s Maoist problem, Union Home Secretary RK Singh said on Monday and stressed on developing intelligence to effectively
counter the threat posed by it and jehadi terrorists.
"We have a fight with the enemy (Maoists) who have
faith in violence and we do not have a ready solution ....
There are some people who talk about finding a solution
through talks. But I think no there is nothing for holding
talks," he said inaugurating Indo-Tibet Border Police Force
sector headquarter here.
"The Maoists want to end the country`s present democratic
arrangement by force. At the same time they carry out
propaganda that they are fighting for the poor and the
tribals, which is nothing but a pretension.... Most of those
killed by the Maoists were poor people and tribals and their
fight is a war of attrition," he said.
The country, he said, was also facing `jihadi terrorism`
and terrorists are sneaking into the country from Nepal. They
then try to inspire others to take to terrorism and travel
from one place to another to execute the terror activities.
Exuding confidence that the people and the government
would effectively thwart the twin challenges and keep the
country secure, he said, "We have strengthened para-military
forces and different institutions for internal security during
the past few years."
The setting up of the ITBP sector headquarter here was
a step to creating the infrastructure for the security of the
country, he said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- It's official: Allan Donald named Australia's bowling coach for Sri Lanka tour
- Kane Williamson named New Zealand skipper for all three formats
- Hema Malini congratulates Deepika for her engagement!
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results (mbse.edu.in) to be declared today
- Docoss X1 Smartphone at Rs 888: All you want to know