Ombudsman to check corruption in local bodies in Bihar: Modi
Patna: The NDA government in Bihar will
constitute an ombudsman to probe corruption charges and
recommend action against the guilty elected representatives
and officials associated with local bodies in the state,
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said Monday.
The state government will soon set up an independent
local bodies ombudsman in this financial year to act
expeditiously into corruption cases in the local bodies, he
said at a high-powered meeting to review implementation of
reform measures in the decentralized institutions in Bihar.
The ombusman will have the power to probe corruption
charges against the elected representatives of the rural and
urban bodies, employees and officials and recommend suitable
actions against such corruption elements, Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble