Ombudsman to check corruption in local bodies in Bihar: Modi
Patna: The NDA government in Bihar will
constitute an ombudsman to probe corruption charges and
recommend action against the guilty elected representatives
and officials associated with local bodies in the state,
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said Monday.
The state government will soon set up an independent
local bodies ombudsman in this financial year to act
expeditiously into corruption cases in the local bodies, he
said at a high-powered meeting to review implementation of
reform measures in the decentralized institutions in Bihar.
The ombusman will have the power to probe corruption
charges against the elected representatives of the rural and
urban bodies, employees and officials and recommend suitable
actions against such corruption elements, Modi said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living