Ombudsman to check corruption in local bodies in Bihar: Modi
Patna: The NDA government in Bihar will
constitute an ombudsman to probe corruption charges and
recommend action against the guilty elected representatives
and officials associated with local bodies in the state,
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said Monday.
The state government will soon set up an independent
local bodies ombudsman in this financial year to act
expeditiously into corruption cases in the local bodies, he
said at a high-powered meeting to review implementation of
reform measures in the decentralized institutions in Bihar.
The ombusman will have the power to probe corruption
charges against the elected representatives of the rural and
urban bodies, employees and officials and recommend suitable
actions against such corruption elements, Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray