Patna blasts: One suspected terrorist belongs to Ranchi Module of IM
Ranchi: One of the suspected terrorists arrested in connection with the Patna blasts, identified as Imtiaz Ansari belongs to the newly formed `Ranchi Module` of the Indian Mujahideen (IM), Jharkhand ADG (law & order) SN Pradhan said on Monday.
Pradhan said interrogations during raids at Dhurva last night it had emerged that Imtiaz, his nephew Tophek, Tariq Ansari and Noman Ansari had gone to Patna on Saturday and two others had joined them on way.
The four had, however, told the people of their locality that they were going to Kolkata but left for Patna on Saturday.
Tariq died while allegedly handling explosives yesterday and Noman and Tophek were absconding, while Imtiaz was arrested after the blasts in Patna.
He said the interrogations also revealed that Imtiaz had alleged contacts with Tahseen Akhtar, an alleged close aide of arrested IM’s top operative Yaseen Bhhatkal.
Pradhan said the conspiracy on the blasts could have been hatched anywhere.
"The Ranchi Module has been set up recently," he said, adding, the police also suspect that the same module might have been behind the Bodhgaya blast as explosive materials found in Patna blasts were similar to it.
The ADG said a National Investigation Agency team had arrived here today to investigate links of the newly set up Ranchi Module of IM and further investigations are on.
Earlier in the day, three persons detained here yesterday, in connection with the Patna serial bomb blasts, were released after interrogation.
Raids were carried out soon after Bihar Police tipped-off their counterparts here that some accused in Patna blasts hailed from the state, police said, adding, black powder, materials used to make IEDs, pressure cooker and extremist literature were seized during it.
Six persons were killed and 83 injured in seven low intensity serial blasts in Patna of which six bombs went off in and around the venue of Narendra Modi`s mega rally at Gandhi Maidan shortly before his address to a huge gathering yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof