Police clash with supporters of block head
Sitamarhi: Police on Tuesday fired in the air when supporters of a block pramukh clashed with securitymen and made abortive attempts to snatch their weapons in Sitamarhi district, police said.
Two persons, including a woman, who were injured in the clash at Parsauni, were admitted to a government hospital, the police said.
Soon after Rajnikant was re-elected as Parsauni Block Pramukh (head) for the second consecutive term, a police team reached the spot and tried to execute an arrest warrant pending against him in a criminal case, the police said.
Rajnikant`s supporters clashed with policemen and some people in the crowd made abortive attempts to snatch weapons from policemen, the police said. Police resorted to baton-charge before firing seven rounds in the air to disperse the mob as the situation
had gone beyond control, the police claimed.
Police patrolling was intensified as tension ran high in the area
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?