Police clash with supporters of block head
Sitamarhi: Police on Tuesday fired in the air when supporters of a block pramukh clashed with securitymen and made abortive attempts to snatch their weapons in Sitamarhi district, police said.
Two persons, including a woman, who were injured in the clash at Parsauni, were admitted to a government hospital, the police said.
Soon after Rajnikant was re-elected as Parsauni Block Pramukh (head) for the second consecutive term, a police team reached the spot and tried to execute an arrest warrant pending against him in a criminal case, the police said.
Rajnikant`s supporters clashed with policemen and some people in the crowd made abortive attempts to snatch weapons from policemen, the police said. Police resorted to baton-charge before firing seven rounds in the air to disperse the mob as the situation
had gone beyond control, the police claimed.
Police patrolling was intensified as tension ran high in the area
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur