Police clash with supporters of block head
Sitamarhi: Police on Tuesday fired in the air when supporters of a block pramukh clashed with securitymen and made abortive attempts to snatch their weapons in Sitamarhi district, police said.
Two persons, including a woman, who were injured in the clash at Parsauni, were admitted to a government hospital, the police said.
Soon after Rajnikant was re-elected as Parsauni Block Pramukh (head) for the second consecutive term, a police team reached the spot and tried to execute an arrest warrant pending against him in a criminal case, the police said.
Rajnikant`s supporters clashed with policemen and some people in the crowd made abortive attempts to snatch weapons from policemen, the police said. Police resorted to baton-charge before firing seven rounds in the air to disperse the mob as the situation
had gone beyond control, the police claimed.
Police patrolling was intensified as tension ran high in the area
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH