Prez poll: PA Sangma expects `miracle`
Patna: Opposition-backed candidate PA Sangma Saturday said he was expecting a "miracle" in his favour in the Presidential election.
"I am supported by the main opposition BJP along with 17 other parties. And I am the presidential candidate of the entire country. Being a tribal, I am hopeful people will vote for me on the basis of their inner voice. That will result in a miracle," Sangma told the media here here.
After Sangma`s statement, an independent legislator of the Bihar assembly, Dilip Verma, announced his support for the former Lok Sabha speaker.
"I am sure of my victory in view of present situation in the country. People will vote for me for a change," Sangma said.
Sangma arrived here earlier in the day and was received more than half a dozen BJP ministers and hundreds of party workers.
The BJP`s ally and coalition partner, the Janata Dal-United (JD-U), is supporting the United Progressive Alliance presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal and Lok Janshakti Party are also backing Mukherjee. The presidential election is due July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India