Prez poll: PA Sangma expects `miracle`
Patna: Opposition-backed candidate PA Sangma Saturday said he was expecting a "miracle" in his favour in the Presidential election.
"I am supported by the main opposition BJP along with 17 other parties. And I am the presidential candidate of the entire country. Being a tribal, I am hopeful people will vote for me on the basis of their inner voice. That will result in a miracle," Sangma told the media here here.
After Sangma`s statement, an independent legislator of the Bihar assembly, Dilip Verma, announced his support for the former Lok Sabha speaker.
"I am sure of my victory in view of present situation in the country. People will vote for me for a change," Sangma said.
Sangma arrived here earlier in the day and was received more than half a dozen BJP ministers and hundreds of party workers.
The BJP`s ally and coalition partner, the Janata Dal-United (JD-U), is supporting the United Progressive Alliance presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal and Lok Janshakti Party are also backing Mukherjee. The presidential election is due July 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi