Quit, people have rejected you: Lalu to Nitish
Patna: Making a scathing attack at Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for playing down the defeat in Maharajganj by-poll, RJD president Lalu Prasad on Thursday said he should quit as people had rejected his governance.
"Nitish Kumar had told the people during campaigning in Maharajganj that if they are satisfied with his governance they should vote for NDA else do not. People have rejected him by voting against JD(U) candidate showing they are not satisfied with his rule," Prasad told reporters.
Prasad was reacting to Kumar`s statement that RJD had merely retained the Maharajganj seat which was with them in the last general elections.
The RJD chief asked Kumar to quit as people had rejected his governance.
Prasad said, "Nitish landed here this morning with heavy heart due to defeat in Maharajganj and does not have an answer to this humiliating drubbing."
On Kumar questioning jubilation of RJD after victory in Maharajganj, the RJD supremo said he was turning a blind eye to the fact that things had been changing fast against him in Bihar ahead of 2014 Parliamentary elections.
RJD candidate Prabhunath Singh has defeated JD(U) P K Shahi by over 1.37 lakh votes in Maharajganj bypoll. The bypoll was necessitated due to death of RJD`s Umashankar Singh. With this the tally of RJD again goes up to four in Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’