Rabri to contest from two seats in Bihar polls
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Monday nominated his wife Rabri Devi for two Assembly seats as he
released the second list of candidates for the third and
fourth phase of polls in Bihar.
Prasad put up former Union minister and his trusted
lieutenant Jaiprakash Narain Yadav to take on Putul Devi,
widow of independent MP Digvijay Singh in the by-poll to the
Banka Parliamentary constituency.
"We offered Putul ji to contest on our party symbol but
she refused. So we decided to field Jaiprakash Narain Yadav as
our official nominee," he told reporters here.
Defending his decision to field his wife and former chief
minister Rabri Devi both from Raghopur and Sonepur, the RJD
leader said "it has been done in conformity with the people`s
Ramanuj Prasad, party`s sitting MLA from Sonepur, had
requested Devi to fight the elections from his constituency,
"I am sure she will have people`s support in both the
constituencies where she will emerge victorious," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi