Rabri to contest from two seats in Bihar polls
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Monday nominated his wife Rabri Devi for two Assembly seats as he
released the second list of candidates for the third and
fourth phase of polls in Bihar.
Prasad put up former Union minister and his trusted
lieutenant Jaiprakash Narain Yadav to take on Putul Devi,
widow of independent MP Digvijay Singh in the by-poll to the
Banka Parliamentary constituency.
"We offered Putul ji to contest on our party symbol but
she refused. So we decided to field Jaiprakash Narain Yadav as
our official nominee," he told reporters here.
Defending his decision to field his wife and former chief
minister Rabri Devi both from Raghopur and Sonepur, the RJD
leader said "it has been done in conformity with the people`s
Ramanuj Prasad, party`s sitting MLA from Sonepur, had
requested Devi to fight the elections from his constituency,
"I am sure she will have people`s support in both the
constituencies where she will emerge victorious," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster