Rahul Gandhi should be thrown into Ganges: Sharad Yadav
Fatua (Bihar): JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav
today launched an unusually strong personal attack on the
Gandhi-Nehru family and said Rahul Gandhi should be thrown
away in the Ganges.
"These people with the symbol of hand (Congress
party`s symbol)...this country and this family, your family
has also got fifty years (to govern).
"Motilal, Jawaharlal, Indira Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi and
now Rahul Gandhi. Right now a new boy (babua) has come. He
does it like this," Yadav said imitating Rahul Gandhi`s style
of pulling up his sleeves while making public speeches.
Stepping up attack on Rahul, Yadav, who is also the
convenor of NDA, said addressing an election meeting here,
"What do you know. Somebody wrote on the paper and gave it to
you and you read it out... You should have been picked up and
thrown away in the Ganges. But the people are sick...this
country is unfortunate".
Congress took exception to Yadav`s personal attack on the Gandhi-
Nehru family and urged the Election Commission to take strict
action against him.
"We strongly condemn Yadav`s remark against the Gandhi
Nehru family... The Commission must take cognisance and take
strict action against him," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee
(BPCC) spokesperson Prem Chandra Mishra said.
He alleged that Yadav`s remark was not only an insult
but criminal as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US