Rahul Gandhi should be thrown into Ganges: Sharad Yadav
Fatua (Bihar): JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav
today launched an unusually strong personal attack on the
Gandhi-Nehru family and said Rahul Gandhi should be thrown
away in the Ganges.
"These people with the symbol of hand (Congress
party`s symbol)...this country and this family, your family
has also got fifty years (to govern).
"Motilal, Jawaharlal, Indira Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi and
now Rahul Gandhi. Right now a new boy (babua) has come. He
does it like this," Yadav said imitating Rahul Gandhi`s style
of pulling up his sleeves while making public speeches.
Stepping up attack on Rahul, Yadav, who is also the
convenor of NDA, said addressing an election meeting here,
"What do you know. Somebody wrote on the paper and gave it to
you and you read it out... You should have been picked up and
thrown away in the Ganges. But the people are sick...this
country is unfortunate".
Congress took exception to Yadav`s personal attack on the Gandhi-
Nehru family and urged the Election Commission to take strict
action against him.
"We strongly condemn Yadav`s remark against the Gandhi
Nehru family... The Commission must take cognisance and take
strict action against him," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee
(BPCC) spokesperson Prem Chandra Mishra said.
He alleged that Yadav`s remark was not only an insult
but criminal as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof