Rahul Gandhi should be thrown into Ganges: Sharad Yadav
Fatua (Bihar): JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav
today launched an unusually strong personal attack on the
Gandhi-Nehru family and said Rahul Gandhi should be thrown
away in the Ganges.
"These people with the symbol of hand (Congress
party`s symbol)...this country and this family, your family
has also got fifty years (to govern).
"Motilal, Jawaharlal, Indira Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi and
now Rahul Gandhi. Right now a new boy (babua) has come. He
does it like this," Yadav said imitating Rahul Gandhi`s style
of pulling up his sleeves while making public speeches.
Stepping up attack on Rahul, Yadav, who is also the
convenor of NDA, said addressing an election meeting here,
"What do you know. Somebody wrote on the paper and gave it to
you and you read it out... You should have been picked up and
thrown away in the Ganges. But the people are sick...this
country is unfortunate".
Congress took exception to Yadav`s personal attack on the Gandhi-
Nehru family and urged the Election Commission to take strict
action against him.
"We strongly condemn Yadav`s remark against the Gandhi
Nehru family... The Commission must take cognisance and take
strict action against him," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee
(BPCC) spokesperson Prem Chandra Mishra said.
He alleged that Yadav`s remark was not only an insult
but criminal as well.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy