Raids yield over Rs 20 cr assets from Bihar ADM
Patna: The Economic Offences Wing of Bihar police has unearthed assets worth more than Rs 20 crore in bank deposits and jewellery during raids on the premises of additional district magistrate of Bhagalpur.
Police said the seizures made from ADM Jayashree Thakur include Rs 16 crore in bank deposits and the rest in valuable jewellery. She also has rich collection of gold and silver jewellery valued at about Rs 50 lakh.
Thakur is probably the first woman officer in EOU list for possessing wealth disproportionate to her known sources of income.
The sleuths unearthed documents of 17 plots of land worth Rs 1.66 crore in various parts of the state in the names of Thakur`s relatives, police said, adding that she had acquired over 48 acres in Banka district during her tenure there as the land acquisition officer.
Sources in the EOU said the Bhagalpur ADM had earned around Rs 55 lakh as salary since joining Bihar Administrative Service. Her husband is a lecturer in a college in Godda and got permanent position there in 2008.
The state Vigilance Bureau had also raided the premises of an executive engineer Satyendra Prasad Sinha posted in the rural works department at Muzaffarpur and seized papers related to investment of more than Rs 3.5 crore, besides Rs 31 lakh cash and gold ornaments, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler