Ramvilas Paswan criticises Bihar govt
Patna: Claiming that there has been an increase in incidents of atrocities against minorities in Bihar, LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday asked the NDA government headed by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to end `persecution` of Muslims in the state.
"There has been an increase in atrocities against the Muslims in Bihar during over six years` NDA rule and many of have died in police custody or in firing by the police," he alleged at Kargil Chowk during a day-long dharna.
He also alleged that the state government was reluctant to sternly deal with cases of atrocities against the minorities apparently under pressure from the Sangh Parivar.
Several Muslim youths have been arrested by the anti-terrorism agencies and the police from other states on fake or alleged terror charges, he said.
Paswan also urged the Centre and its agencies to stop `persecution of Muslims` in the garb of tackling terrorism and demanded speedy trials in such cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed