Ramvilas Paswan criticises Bihar govt
Patna: Claiming that there has been an increase in incidents of atrocities against minorities in Bihar, LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday asked the NDA government headed by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to end `persecution` of Muslims in the state.
"There has been an increase in atrocities against the Muslims in Bihar during over six years` NDA rule and many of have died in police custody or in firing by the police," he alleged at Kargil Chowk during a day-long dharna.
He also alleged that the state government was reluctant to sternly deal with cases of atrocities against the minorities apparently under pressure from the Sangh Parivar.
Several Muslim youths have been arrested by the anti-terrorism agencies and the police from other states on fake or alleged terror charges, he said.
Paswan also urged the Centre and its agencies to stop `persecution of Muslims` in the garb of tackling terrorism and demanded speedy trials in such cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured