Ramvilas Paswan criticises Bihar govt
Patna: Claiming that there has been an increase in incidents of atrocities against minorities in Bihar, LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday asked the NDA government headed by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to end `persecution` of Muslims in the state.
"There has been an increase in atrocities against the Muslims in Bihar during over six years` NDA rule and many of have died in police custody or in firing by the police," he alleged at Kargil Chowk during a day-long dharna.
He also alleged that the state government was reluctant to sternly deal with cases of atrocities against the minorities apparently under pressure from the Sangh Parivar.
Several Muslim youths have been arrested by the anti-terrorism agencies and the police from other states on fake or alleged terror charges, he said.
Paswan also urged the Centre and its agencies to stop `persecution of Muslims` in the garb of tackling terrorism and demanded speedy trials in such cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan