Rebel Ramkripal says will contest from Patliputra seat
Patna: Hardening his stance, rebel RJD leader Ramkripal Yadav on Monday said he would contest the Patliputra Lok Sabha seat, from where party chief Lalu Prasad has fielded his daughter Misa Bharti.
"I will contest from Patliputra," Yadav, who was a close confidant of Prasad and had resigned from all party posts on Saturday after denial of ticket from the seat, told reporters on arrival from Delhi here.
The Rajya Sabha MP, however, did not elaborate whether he would enter the fray as a nominee of any political party or as an Independent.
He said he would announce his decision in a day or two.
There is speculation that both the ruling JD(U) and BJP ae in touch with the sulking RJD leader, who had lashed out at RJD at the selection of Misa Bharti from Patliputra and had spurned her attempt at rapprochement.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is reported to have himself talked to Yadav.
JD(U) Bihar president Basistha Narayan Singh said that if Yadav, a popular leader known for his integrity and hard work, decided to join his party he was welcome.
There were also reports of Yadav being in touch with several BJP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Concerned by amended child labour bill in India: UN
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq set for second stint as England spin guru
- Rio 2016: Note perfect Andy Murray ready for more Olympic glory
- Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand clear case of intelligence failure: Defence Expert
- Genelia D'Souza shared this really CUTE picture with son! Picture inside