Rebel Ramkripal says will contest from Patliputra seat
Patna: Hardening his stance, rebel RJD leader Ramkripal Yadav on Monday said he would contest the Patliputra Lok Sabha seat, from where party chief Lalu Prasad has fielded his daughter Misa Bharti.
"I will contest from Patliputra," Yadav, who was a close confidant of Prasad and had resigned from all party posts on Saturday after denial of ticket from the seat, told reporters on arrival from Delhi here.
The Rajya Sabha MP, however, did not elaborate whether he would enter the fray as a nominee of any political party or as an Independent.
He said he would announce his decision in a day or two.
There is speculation that both the ruling JD(U) and BJP ae in touch with the sulking RJD leader, who had lashed out at RJD at the selection of Misa Bharti from Patliputra and had spurned her attempt at rapprochement.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is reported to have himself talked to Yadav.
JD(U) Bihar president Basistha Narayan Singh said that if Yadav, a popular leader known for his integrity and hard work, decided to join his party he was welcome.
There were also reports of Yadav being in touch with several BJP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan