Revenue clerk held for taking bribe
Patna: The vigilance sleuths on Tuesday nabbed a revenue clerk Umesh Prasad for taking a bribe of Rs 10,000 from a person at his office in Jogapatti circle in Bihar`s Bagaha police district, an official said.
Acting on the complaint of one Nasrullah Ansari, the vigilance sleuths laid a trap and arrested Prasad when he was receiving the graft, the Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Vigilance, P K Thakur said.
The accused revenue officer had demanded bribe for mutation of landed property of the complainant, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!