Revenue clerk held for taking bribe
Patna: The vigilance sleuths on Tuesday nabbed a revenue clerk Umesh Prasad for taking a bribe of Rs 10,000 from a person at his office in Jogapatti circle in Bihar`s Bagaha police district, an official said.
Acting on the complaint of one Nasrullah Ansari, the vigilance sleuths laid a trap and arrested Prasad when he was receiving the graft, the Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Vigilance, P K Thakur said.
The accused revenue officer had demanded bribe for mutation of landed property of the complainant, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam