Revenue employee held on graft charge in Bihar
Patna: A revenue employee was arrested by the vigilance sleuths on Wednesday for taking Rs 18,000 in bribe from a person in Bihar`s Katihar district, an official said.
Acting on a complaint by Md Shamim Akhtar, a vigilance team headed by the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Md Jamiruddin laid a trap and caught the revenue employee Arun Kumr Vaidya red-handed while taking the bribe at his office in Barsoi block, the Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Vigilance, P K Thakur said.
Vaidya had demanded Rs 25,000 as bribe for mutation of land in the name of Akhtar, a native of Maulanapur village under Barsoi police station area of Katihar district, he said.
The tainted revenue employee was being brought to the vigilance headquarters in Patna for interrogation before his production before a designated court for judicial remand, Thakur said.
The vigilance department has laid 16 traps this year and arrested as many government employees on corruption charge, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview