Revenue employee held on graft charge in Bihar
Patna: A revenue employee was arrested by the vigilance sleuths on Wednesday for taking Rs 18,000 in bribe from a person in Bihar`s Katihar district, an official said.
Acting on a complaint by Md Shamim Akhtar, a vigilance team headed by the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Md Jamiruddin laid a trap and caught the revenue employee Arun Kumr Vaidya red-handed while taking the bribe at his office in Barsoi block, the Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Vigilance, P K Thakur said.
Vaidya had demanded Rs 25,000 as bribe for mutation of land in the name of Akhtar, a native of Maulanapur village under Barsoi police station area of Katihar district, he said.
The tainted revenue employee was being brought to the vigilance headquarters in Patna for interrogation before his production before a designated court for judicial remand, Thakur said.
The vigilance department has laid 16 traps this year and arrested as many government employees on corruption charge, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tata patriarch's aviation ambitions a step closer as India opens up
- Donald Trump attacks me as he has no answers on substance: Hillary Clinton
- US House Democrats broadcast ''sit-in'' on social media after cameras shut down
- Sick workers evacuated in daring South Pole rescue
- Salma Hayek opens up about body insecurities