Revenue employee held on graft charge in Bihar
Patna: A revenue employee was arrested by the vigilance sleuths on Wednesday for taking Rs 18,000 in bribe from a person in Bihar`s Katihar district, an official said.
Acting on a complaint by Md Shamim Akhtar, a vigilance team headed by the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Md Jamiruddin laid a trap and caught the revenue employee Arun Kumr Vaidya red-handed while taking the bribe at his office in Barsoi block, the Additional Director General of Police (ADG), Vigilance, P K Thakur said.
Vaidya had demanded Rs 25,000 as bribe for mutation of land in the name of Akhtar, a native of Maulanapur village under Barsoi police station area of Katihar district, he said.
The tainted revenue employee was being brought to the vigilance headquarters in Patna for interrogation before his production before a designated court for judicial remand, Thakur said.
The vigilance department has laid 16 traps this year and arrested as many government employees on corruption charge, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed