Rivers rising in Bihar, floods 8 villages
Patna: The flood threat in Bihar on Saturday
aggravated with some major rivers maintaining a rising trend
as flash floods caused by heavy discharge of water in
Balmikinagar Barrage inundated eight villages in West
Rajiv Kumar, Sub Divisional Officer of Bagha in the
district, said heavy discharge of 3.37 lakh cu water in
Balmikinagar barrage led to rise in water level of turbulent
Burhi Gandak inundating eight villages under Chyrahi and Sisai
Panchayats in Madhubani block.
Authorities rescued hundreds of villagers from the
affected villages and arranged shelter for them, he said.
According to a bulletin issued by the Central Water
Commission, all major rivers in Bihar were maintaining rising
trends and most of these were flowing above the red mark at
some places along their course.
While water level of Gandak was 8 cm above the danger
mark at Kadda, Bagmati and Kosi were flowing 30 cm and 36 cm
above the danger mark at Benibad and Basua, respectively, the
However, rivers like Kamalabalan and Mahananda were
flowing below the danger line.
The state disaster management department has made
elaborate arrangements for rescue and relief operations for
flood in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured