RJD accuses Nitish of wasting public money on Seva Yatra
Patna: The opposition RJD on Thursday lambasted Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for wasting public money on Seva Yatra in Bihar and alleged that such tours have not benefitted the people.
"Kumar has been unnecessarily wasting public money on Seva Yatra as such tours have not helped the people in anyway," the Leader of Opposition in legislative assembly Abdul Bari Siddique told reporters.
He also attacked the Chief Minister for proposing to undertake Adhikar Yatra throughout Bihar apparently to mobilize public support to a mega rally being organized by the ruling JD(U) in Patna on November four and asked the latter to clarify as to who among the state government or his party will bear expenditure on his tour.
"No government or the Chief Minister has a right to waste public money on political programmes of a party," Siddique, a senior RJD leader, said.
He also alleged that Kumar was trying to extract political mileage out of the campaign to demand special category status to Bihar and said the fact was that the latter was trying to befool the people on special status issue with an eye on 2014 parliamentary polls.
Siddique said that if at all Kumar was sincere on the special status issue, then he should take all political parties together to agitate on special status for Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site