RJD accuses Nitish of wasting public money on Seva Yatra
Patna: The opposition RJD on Thursday lambasted Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for wasting public money on Seva Yatra in Bihar and alleged that such tours have not benefitted the people.
"Kumar has been unnecessarily wasting public money on Seva Yatra as such tours have not helped the people in anyway," the Leader of Opposition in legislative assembly Abdul Bari Siddique told reporters.
He also attacked the Chief Minister for proposing to undertake Adhikar Yatra throughout Bihar apparently to mobilize public support to a mega rally being organized by the ruling JD(U) in Patna on November four and asked the latter to clarify as to who among the state government or his party will bear expenditure on his tour.
"No government or the Chief Minister has a right to waste public money on political programmes of a party," Siddique, a senior RJD leader, said.
He also alleged that Kumar was trying to extract political mileage out of the campaign to demand special category status to Bihar and said the fact was that the latter was trying to befool the people on special status issue with an eye on 2014 parliamentary polls.
Siddique said that if at all Kumar was sincere on the special status issue, then he should take all political parties together to agitate on special status for Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test