RJD, Cong candidates file nomination for Maharajganj by-polls
Chapra: Battle lines have been drawn for Maharajganj Lok Sabha by-polls with RJD and Congress nominees filing nominations for the June 2 elections on Tuesday.
RJD`s Prabhunath Singh and Congress` Jitendra Swami filed their nominations here, the district headquarters of Saran district.
RJD president Lalu Prasad and leader of Opposition in the state assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui were present here for filing of the nomination by Singh. Prasad is Lok Sabha member from Chhapra seat.
Swami, who is the son of the late RJD MP Umashanker Singh, submitted his papers in the presence of the district party chief Manoj Bhardwaj.
Bihar Education Minister PK Shahi, who is the JD(U) nominee had filed his papers yesterday.
Tomorrow is the last day for filing of nominations for the by-poll which has been necessitated due to the death of Umashankar Singh in January this year after prolonged illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video