RJD leader Pappu Yadav gets anticipatory bail from HC
Patna: The Patna High Court on Friday granted anticipatory bail to RJD candidate from Madhepura Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav in a case related to hindering officials in discharge of duty while lodged in Beur jail here last year.
Justice Gopal Prasad provided anticipatory bail to Pappu Yadav in the case registered with Beur jail police station on February 18, 2013.
He was booked for hindering officials from discharge of duty inside the jail during scuffle between two groups on some issue.
He was lodged in the jail at that time in connection with murder case of CPI-M Legislator Ajit Sarkar. He is out of jail after getting bail from the Supreme Court in the case.
Pappu Yadav has been fielded by Lalu Prasad`s RJD from Madhepura in the ensuing Lok Sabha election to take on JD(U) President Sharad Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers