RJD trashes NDA government`s report card
Patna: The RJD today alleged that the NDA
government`s final report card on its performance is a "bundle
of lies" and accused the Nitish Kumar government of failing on
"The NDA government`s report card, released with much
fanfare by the chief minister two days ago, was a bundle of
lies and a piece of jugglery on paper which cost the public
exchequer a fortune," state unit RJD president Abdul Bari
Siddiqui told reporters here.
The RJD leader also released its own report card of
the NDA government`s performance claiming that during their
nearly five years of rule, they have committed `treachery`
with the people and delivered nothing worthwhile despite
making tall promises at the time of 2005 elections.
On the Chief Minister`s statement of an improved law
and order situation being acknowledged by even his
adversaries, Siddiqui claimed that the crime rate in the state
has increased in terms of numbers and was higher that the
figures of the said `jungle raj` of the RJD rule for 15 years.
"There is a massive corruption in the implementation
of various welfare schemes like MNREGA, SSA, Indira Avas and
development programmes presided over by the chief minister and
his cohorts," Siddiqui said.
On Chief Minister`s sops for the minority community,
the RJD leader said the NDA government has only given sops to
Muslims and failed to implement various schemes for their
The RJD will soon bring out a chargesheet against the
Nitish government on the promises made for the Muslims five
years ago and its failure to deliver the same, he said.
The RJD leader further lashed out at Kumar for
"splurging public money on self-glorification through
advertisements in the media" and said that the RJD-LJP combine
will probe the wasteful expenses on publicity if it returned
to power at the hustings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata