Ruling JD (U) MLA criticises agriculture dept
Patna: Ruling Bihar JD(U) member Manjit
Kumar Singh today criticised the state agriculture department
for allegedly providing money to institutions recognised by it
instead of giving directly to farmers for purchase of seeds
and agriculture equipment.
Singh made his objections after the reply of Sugar Cane
Industry Minister Awadhesh Kumar Kushwaha to a starred
question in the state assembly.
The sugarcane department had made available the money to
government corporations, cooperative institutions and
semi-government bodies, besides the universities for purchase
of equipment, bio fertliser and seeds instead to giving the
money directly to farmers, Singh said.
The minister said the amount was given to the bodies
recognised by agriculture department following the directive
of the cane commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today