Ruling JD (U) MLA criticises agriculture dept
Patna: Ruling Bihar JD(U) member Manjit
Kumar Singh today criticised the state agriculture department
for allegedly providing money to institutions recognised by it
instead of giving directly to farmers for purchase of seeds
and agriculture equipment.
Singh made his objections after the reply of Sugar Cane
Industry Minister Awadhesh Kumar Kushwaha to a starred
question in the state assembly.
The sugarcane department had made available the money to
government corporations, cooperative institutions and
semi-government bodies, besides the universities for purchase
of equipment, bio fertliser and seeds instead to giving the
money directly to farmers, Singh said.
The minister said the amount was given to the bodies
recognised by agriculture department following the directive
of the cane commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui