Ruling JD (U) MLA criticises agriculture dept
Patna: Ruling Bihar JD(U) member Manjit
Kumar Singh today criticised the state agriculture department
for allegedly providing money to institutions recognised by it
instead of giving directly to farmers for purchase of seeds
and agriculture equipment.
Singh made his objections after the reply of Sugar Cane
Industry Minister Awadhesh Kumar Kushwaha to a starred
question in the state assembly.
The sugarcane department had made available the money to
government corporations, cooperative institutions and
semi-government bodies, besides the universities for purchase
of equipment, bio fertliser and seeds instead to giving the
money directly to farmers, Singh said.
The minister said the amount was given to the bodies
recognised by agriculture department following the directive
of the cane commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!