Ruling JD (U) MLA criticises agriculture dept
Patna: Ruling Bihar JD(U) member Manjit
Kumar Singh today criticised the state agriculture department
for allegedly providing money to institutions recognised by it
instead of giving directly to farmers for purchase of seeds
and agriculture equipment.
Singh made his objections after the reply of Sugar Cane
Industry Minister Awadhesh Kumar Kushwaha to a starred
question in the state assembly.
The sugarcane department had made available the money to
government corporations, cooperative institutions and
semi-government bodies, besides the universities for purchase
of equipment, bio fertliser and seeds instead to giving the
money directly to farmers, Singh said.
The minister said the amount was given to the bodies
recognised by agriculture department following the directive
of the cane commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'