Security beefed up at Mahabodhi temple in Gaya
Gaya: Police has beefed up security in and around the historic Mahabodhi temple in Bodhgaya city of Bihar following threats of a possible militant attack.
Additional armed security teams were deployed at the temple entrance and were seen frisking devotees entering the temple premises.
Armed security personnel have been patrolling in crowded market areas near the temple.
"The security has been beefed up and additional forces have been deployed at the Mahabodhi Temple. Nearby station officers are also deployed and senior officials are also informed," said Superintendent of Police, Gaya, Mohammad Akhtar Hussain.
Hussain said that the press brief was sent after the arrest of three militant from Delhi.
"A militant was arrested in Delhi and he disclosed his plans about the attacks and this has been informed to us through the press brief," said Hussain.
Recently, Delhi police arrested three suspects, hailing from various cities of western Maharashtra, from Pul Prahladpur in Delhi.
The militants were allegedly arrested with explosives and detonators to be used to carry out strikes in New Delhi during the festive season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA