SI punished with compulsory retirement in Bihar
Munger: A police sub-inspector was today punished with compulsory retirement in Bihar`s Munger district on the charge of irregularity in discharge of duty.
Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Sudhanshu Kumar send officer in-charge of town police station Ashok Kumar Yadav on compulsory retirement on the charge of misconduct in a connection with the seizure of an explosives-laden vehicle in Koderma area in Jharkhand.
"The punishment was given on the basis of findings of a probe team in the case," the DIG told.
DIG, who is the recruiting authority of ASI and SI, could dismiss them for misconduct.
The SI was put under suspension by then Deputy Inspector General of Police Anil Kishore Yadav last year after he was found involved in the case.
The said official had lodged a wrong FIR of vehicle theft in the case, the DIG said.
The car, apprehended with explosives, was in the name of a local businessman Sanjay Shah.
In the mobile surveillance, the SI was found being in touch with the vehicle driver and its owner and taking money for covering up the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday