Siddiqui new RJD legislature party leader
Patna: State RJD president Abdul Bari Siddiqui was on Sunday unanimously elected the leader of the 22-member legislature party in Bihar assembly.
Siddiqui`s name was proposed by party MLA Raghvendra Prasad and seconded, among others, by its senior leader and former minister Samrat Choudhary at a meeting held at 10, Circular Road, the residence of RJD supremo Lalu Prasad here.
Prasad and several other senior leaders of the party were present.
Siddiqui replaces former chief minister Rabri Devi following her defeat from both Raghopur and Sonepur assembly constituencies in the recently-concluded elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test