Six CRPF personnel killed , 9 injured in Maoist ambush
Gaya: Six CRPF personnel were killed and nine others injured in an ambush by Maoists of an anti-landmine vehicle which was followed by an encounter in Bihar`s Gaya district on Thursday.
The Maoists triggered an IED at 06:20 am blowing up an anti-landmine vehicle carrying about a dozen CRPF personnel of the 159th battalion at Chakarbanda forest near Barha village, CRPF DIG Umesh Kumar said.
Two CRPF personnel were killed on the spot and four died of their injuries in hospital, he said.
The driver of the vehicle Lalu Babu was among the victims.
The other victims were sub-inspector Ramji Ram, constables Vikramaditya Yadav, Ashok Nirala, G D Raj Singh and Hanumant Singh Gurjar.
Four CRPF personnel who suffered injuries were evacuated to a private hospital by an IAF helicopter, Kumar said.
An encounter followed in the Chakarbanda forest after additional CRPF personnel were rushed in.
Four CRPF personnel were injured in the encounter and were admitted to the hospitals at Imamganj and Gaya, the CRPF DIG said.
Kumar said that operations against the Maoists would resume tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!