Six CRPF personnel killed , 9 injured in Maoist ambush
Gaya: Six CRPF personnel were killed and nine others injured in an ambush by Maoists of an anti-landmine vehicle which was followed by an encounter in Bihar`s Gaya district on Thursday.
The Maoists triggered an IED at 06:20 am blowing up an anti-landmine vehicle carrying about a dozen CRPF personnel of the 159th battalion at Chakarbanda forest near Barha village, CRPF DIG Umesh Kumar said.
Two CRPF personnel were killed on the spot and four died of their injuries in hospital, he said.
The driver of the vehicle Lalu Babu was among the victims.
The other victims were sub-inspector Ramji Ram, constables Vikramaditya Yadav, Ashok Nirala, G D Raj Singh and Hanumant Singh Gurjar.
Four CRPF personnel who suffered injuries were evacuated to a private hospital by an IAF helicopter, Kumar said.
An encounter followed in the Chakarbanda forest after additional CRPF personnel were rushed in.
Four CRPF personnel were injured in the encounter and were admitted to the hospitals at Imamganj and Gaya, the CRPF DIG said.
Kumar said that operations against the Maoists would resume tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured