Six CRPF personnel killed , 9 injured in Maoist ambush
Gaya: Six CRPF personnel were killed and nine others injured in an ambush by Maoists of an anti-landmine vehicle which was followed by an encounter in Bihar`s Gaya district on Thursday.
The Maoists triggered an IED at 06:20 am blowing up an anti-landmine vehicle carrying about a dozen CRPF personnel of the 159th battalion at Chakarbanda forest near Barha village, CRPF DIG Umesh Kumar said.
Two CRPF personnel were killed on the spot and four died of their injuries in hospital, he said.
The driver of the vehicle Lalu Babu was among the victims.
The other victims were sub-inspector Ramji Ram, constables Vikramaditya Yadav, Ashok Nirala, G D Raj Singh and Hanumant Singh Gurjar.
Four CRPF personnel who suffered injuries were evacuated to a private hospital by an IAF helicopter, Kumar said.
An encounter followed in the Chakarbanda forest after additional CRPF personnel were rushed in.
Four CRPF personnel were injured in the encounter and were admitted to the hospitals at Imamganj and Gaya, the CRPF DIG said.
Kumar said that operations against the Maoists would resume tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks