SP candidate booked on charge on model code violation
Madhubani: An FIR was lodged on Sunday for model code violation against Ram Vilas Saday, the Samajwadi Party candidate from Raj Nagar assembly bypoll in Bihar`s Madhubani district, a police officer said.
Saday and his supporters were travelling in a four-wheeler after putting up banners and posters seeking votes when police intercepted them at Bhagwanpur Chowk and found he had not obtained pass from the election authorities for vehicle, Raj Nagar police station in-charge Satyendra Kumar said.
An FIR was promptly lodged against the SP candidate for model code violation and his vehicle was impounded, he said.
Saday, however, feigned ignorance about model code of conduct being in place for the bypoll.
As many as six candidates are in fray for Raj Nagar which will go to bypoll on August 25 with nine other assembly constituencies in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire