SP candidate booked on charge on model code violation
Madhubani: An FIR was lodged on Sunday for model code violation against Ram Vilas Saday, the Samajwadi Party candidate from Raj Nagar assembly bypoll in Bihar`s Madhubani district, a police officer said.
Saday and his supporters were travelling in a four-wheeler after putting up banners and posters seeking votes when police intercepted them at Bhagwanpur Chowk and found he had not obtained pass from the election authorities for vehicle, Raj Nagar police station in-charge Satyendra Kumar said.
An FIR was promptly lodged against the SP candidate for model code violation and his vehicle was impounded, he said.
Saday, however, feigned ignorance about model code of conduct being in place for the bypoll.
As many as six candidates are in fray for Raj Nagar which will go to bypoll on August 25 with nine other assembly constituencies in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri
- GST Bill: Efforts to hammer out consensus gathers momentum, likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha next week
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD