SP candidate booked on charge on model code violation
Madhubani: An FIR was lodged on Sunday for model code violation against Ram Vilas Saday, the Samajwadi Party candidate from Raj Nagar assembly bypoll in Bihar`s Madhubani district, a police officer said.
Saday and his supporters were travelling in a four-wheeler after putting up banners and posters seeking votes when police intercepted them at Bhagwanpur Chowk and found he had not obtained pass from the election authorities for vehicle, Raj Nagar police station in-charge Satyendra Kumar said.
An FIR was promptly lodged against the SP candidate for model code violation and his vehicle was impounded, he said.
Saday, however, feigned ignorance about model code of conduct being in place for the bypoll.
As many as six candidates are in fray for Raj Nagar which will go to bypoll on August 25 with nine other assembly constituencies in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown