SP candidate booked on charge on model code violation
Madhubani: An FIR was lodged on Sunday for model code violation against Ram Vilas Saday, the Samajwadi Party candidate from Raj Nagar assembly bypoll in Bihar`s Madhubani district, a police officer said.
Saday and his supporters were travelling in a four-wheeler after putting up banners and posters seeking votes when police intercepted them at Bhagwanpur Chowk and found he had not obtained pass from the election authorities for vehicle, Raj Nagar police station in-charge Satyendra Kumar said.
An FIR was promptly lodged against the SP candidate for model code violation and his vehicle was impounded, he said.
Saday, however, feigned ignorance about model code of conduct being in place for the bypoll.
As many as six candidates are in fray for Raj Nagar which will go to bypoll on August 25 with nine other assembly constituencies in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan