Spurious liquor claims one life, brother taken ill
Sheohar: A man died and his brothers taken ill after consuming spurious liquor at a village in Bihar`s Sheohar district, the police said Monday.
The siblings purchased spurious liquor from a shop near Dhankaur chowk and consumed it together last night, the police said.
While one Pramod Thakur died due to complications arising out of consumption of the spurious liquor, his brother Sanjeev Thakur was taken ill and rushed to a private hospital in neighbouring Sitamarhi district for treatment, Sub - Divisional Police Officer S M Vakeel said.
Meanwhile, the local people blocked NH-104 to protest against the death of villagers due to hooch and raised slogans demanding crack down on the liquor mafia for selling spurious liqour which have claimed several lives in the state till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje