Teacher burnt alive by colleagues in Bihar
Purnia: In a horrific incident, a school teacher was burnt alive by his colleagues inside the school premises in Purnia district on Monday.
Superintendent of police Kim alleged that a group of teachers along with the principal of a middle school under Maranga police station took the teacher Ranjit Kumar (40) to a toilet, tied his hands and legs and poured kerosene on him before setting him on fire.
The ghastly incident took place before the classes began this morning and students were yet to come in.
Hearing his screams for help, people staying in the neighbourhood rushed in and took the teacher to Katihar Medical College where he succumbed to his injuries in the evening, the SP said adding the reason behind the ghastly incident is yet to be known.
Kim said the attackers are absconding since the incident and the police have launched a search for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders