Top Indian Mujahideen operative held in Darbhanga
New Delhi: A top Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative and an alleged close associate of the outfit`s founder Yasin Bhatkal, was tonight arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) from Darbhanga in Bihar.
The operative, identified as Mohammed Danish Ansari, son of Mohammed Zafeer Ansari and a resident of Chakjora village (under Laheriasarai police station area) in Darbhanga, was arrested by the sleuths of the agency.
Sources said a non-bailable warrant had been issued against him by a special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Delhi last year.
Security agencies had been on the trail of Danish Ansari as they claim that he used to provide shelter to Bhatkal who is allegedly hiding in Pakistan.
Danish Ansari was also wanted by the Delhi Police in a terror-related case it is probing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement