Top Indian Mujahideen operative held in Darbhanga
New Delhi: A top Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative and an alleged close associate of the outfit`s founder Yasin Bhatkal, was tonight arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) from Darbhanga in Bihar.
The operative, identified as Mohammed Danish Ansari, son of Mohammed Zafeer Ansari and a resident of Chakjora village (under Laheriasarai police station area) in Darbhanga, was arrested by the sleuths of the agency.
Sources said a non-bailable warrant had been issued against him by a special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Delhi last year.
Security agencies had been on the trail of Danish Ansari as they claim that he used to provide shelter to Bhatkal who is allegedly hiding in Pakistan.
Danish Ansari was also wanted by the Delhi Police in a terror-related case it is probing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui