Top Indian Mujahideen operative held in Darbhanga
New Delhi: A top Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative and an alleged close associate of the outfit`s founder Yasin Bhatkal, was tonight arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) from Darbhanga in Bihar.
The operative, identified as Mohammed Danish Ansari, son of Mohammed Zafeer Ansari and a resident of Chakjora village (under Laheriasarai police station area) in Darbhanga, was arrested by the sleuths of the agency.
Sources said a non-bailable warrant had been issued against him by a special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Delhi last year.
Security agencies had been on the trail of Danish Ansari as they claim that he used to provide shelter to Bhatkal who is allegedly hiding in Pakistan.
Danish Ansari was also wanted by the Delhi Police in a terror-related case it is probing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda