Top Indian Mujahideen operative held in Darbhanga
New Delhi: A top Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative and an alleged close associate of the outfit`s founder Yasin Bhatkal, was tonight arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) from Darbhanga in Bihar.
The operative, identified as Mohammed Danish Ansari, son of Mohammed Zafeer Ansari and a resident of Chakjora village (under Laheriasarai police station area) in Darbhanga, was arrested by the sleuths of the agency.
Sources said a non-bailable warrant had been issued against him by a special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Delhi last year.
Security agencies had been on the trail of Danish Ansari as they claim that he used to provide shelter to Bhatkal who is allegedly hiding in Pakistan.
Danish Ansari was also wanted by the Delhi Police in a terror-related case it is probing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened