Top Indian Mujahideen operative held in Darbhanga
New Delhi: A top Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative and an alleged close associate of the outfit`s founder Yasin Bhatkal, was tonight arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) from Darbhanga in Bihar.
The operative, identified as Mohammed Danish Ansari, son of Mohammed Zafeer Ansari and a resident of Chakjora village (under Laheriasarai police station area) in Darbhanga, was arrested by the sleuths of the agency.
Sources said a non-bailable warrant had been issued against him by a special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Delhi last year.
Security agencies had been on the trail of Danish Ansari as they claim that he used to provide shelter to Bhatkal who is allegedly hiding in Pakistan.
Danish Ansari was also wanted by the Delhi Police in a terror-related case it is probing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand