Two held with haul of fake voter identity cards
Biharsharif: Two persons were on Wednesday arrested with a haul of fake voter identity cards, seals and scanned signatures of officials from different places in Nalanda district, police said.
Acting on an information, police raided a house at Khandakpur and arrested one Brijesh Kumar with five fake voter identity cards, Superintendent of Police Nishant Tiwari said.
On Kumar`s disclosure, raids were carried out at the premises of a printing press from where police seized a haul of incomplete voter identity cards even as the proprieter of the press managed to escape, he said.
In yet another raid, police arrested a man, identified as Prabhakar, from Nayi Sarai and seized seals and scanned signatures of of several officials of Nalanda, Nawada, Patna and Sheikhpur districts, Tiwari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index