Winter Session of Bihar Assembly begins
Patna: The Winter Session of the Bihar Assembly began here on Tuesday, nearly a week after the polls gave a thumping victory to the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government of Nitish Kumar.
Pro-tem Speaker Sadanand Singh will administer oath of office to 243 newly elected members of the 15th Bihar Assembly. The Janata Dal-United (JD-U), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) combine has got 206 of the 243 seats in the Assembly.
The Speaker would be elected on December 2 and Governor Devanand Konwar would address the joint session of the House. After that, the members will debate the Governor`s address followed by the government reply.
The government led by Nitish Kumar will lay out the second supplementary Budget for 2010-11 in the House on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you