Winter Session of Bihar Assembly begins
Patna: The Winter Session of the Bihar Assembly began here on Tuesday, nearly a week after the polls gave a thumping victory to the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government of Nitish Kumar.
Pro-tem Speaker Sadanand Singh will administer oath of office to 243 newly elected members of the 15th Bihar Assembly. The Janata Dal-United (JD-U), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) combine has got 206 of the 243 seats in the Assembly.
The Speaker would be elected on December 2 and Governor Devanand Konwar would address the joint session of the House. After that, the members will debate the Governor`s address followed by the government reply.
The government led by Nitish Kumar will lay out the second supplementary Budget for 2010-11 in the House on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday
- Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to get offs every 10 days
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi