Winter Session of Bihar Assembly begins
Patna: The Winter Session of the Bihar Assembly began here on Tuesday, nearly a week after the polls gave a thumping victory to the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government of Nitish Kumar.
Pro-tem Speaker Sadanand Singh will administer oath of office to 243 newly elected members of the 15th Bihar Assembly. The Janata Dal-United (JD-U), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) combine has got 206 of the 243 seats in the Assembly.
The Speaker would be elected on December 2 and Governor Devanand Konwar would address the joint session of the House. After that, the members will debate the Governor`s address followed by the government reply.
The government led by Nitish Kumar will lay out the second supplementary Budget for 2010-11 in the House on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon