Winter Session of Bihar Assembly begins
Patna: The Winter Session of the Bihar Assembly began here on Tuesday, nearly a week after the polls gave a thumping victory to the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government of Nitish Kumar.
Pro-tem Speaker Sadanand Singh will administer oath of office to 243 newly elected members of the 15th Bihar Assembly. The Janata Dal-United (JD-U), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) combine has got 206 of the 243 seats in the Assembly.
The Speaker would be elected on December 2 and Governor Devanand Konwar would address the joint session of the House. After that, the members will debate the Governor`s address followed by the government reply.
The government led by Nitish Kumar will lay out the second supplementary Budget for 2010-11 in the House on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- AAP has become shelter of comedians not having ideology, says BJP
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'