Winter Session of Bihar Assembly begins
Patna: The Winter Session of the Bihar Assembly began here on Tuesday, nearly a week after the polls gave a thumping victory to the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government of Nitish Kumar.
Pro-tem Speaker Sadanand Singh will administer oath of office to 243 newly elected members of the 15th Bihar Assembly. The Janata Dal-United (JD-U), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) combine has got 206 of the 243 seats in the Assembly.
The Speaker would be elected on December 2 and Governor Devanand Konwar would address the joint session of the House. After that, the members will debate the Governor`s address followed by the government reply.
The government led by Nitish Kumar will lay out the second supplementary Budget for 2010-11 in the House on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery