12 workers injured in Chhattisgarh factory explosion
Raipur: At least twelve workers were injured, five of them seriously, in an explosion at a rolling mill factory in Chhattisgarh Tuesday, police said.
"12 labourers sustained burn injuries after molten iron fell on them following a blast at Pragati Industries in Urla industrial area, around 15 km from here," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Deepanshu Kabra told PTI/Bhasha.
The seriously injured have been admitted to a hospital in Bhilai, he said, adding they belonged to Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Kabra said around 36 labourers were working at the factory at the time of the mishap. "The blast occurred at the furnace due to air pressure, which threw the molten iron on the workers," he said.
Some of the injured workers are being treated at Kalda Burn Centre here, the SSP said.
A case has been registered against the company in this connection, Kabra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister