12 workers injured in Chhattisgarh factory explosion
Raipur: At least twelve workers were injured, five of them seriously, in an explosion at a rolling mill factory in Chhattisgarh Tuesday, police said.
"12 labourers sustained burn injuries after molten iron fell on them following a blast at Pragati Industries in Urla industrial area, around 15 km from here," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Deepanshu Kabra told PTI/Bhasha.
The seriously injured have been admitted to a hospital in Bhilai, he said, adding they belonged to Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Kabra said around 36 labourers were working at the factory at the time of the mishap. "The blast occurred at the furnace due to air pressure, which threw the molten iron on the workers," he said.
Some of the injured workers are being treated at Kalda Burn Centre here, the SSP said.
A case has been registered against the company in this connection, Kabra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’