12 workers injured in Chhattisgarh factory explosion
Raipur: At least twelve workers were injured, five of them seriously, in an explosion at a rolling mill factory in Chhattisgarh Tuesday, police said.
"12 labourers sustained burn injuries after molten iron fell on them following a blast at Pragati Industries in Urla industrial area, around 15 km from here," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Deepanshu Kabra told PTI/Bhasha.
The seriously injured have been admitted to a hospital in Bhilai, he said, adding they belonged to Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Kabra said around 36 labourers were working at the factory at the time of the mishap. "The blast occurred at the furnace due to air pressure, which threw the molten iron on the workers," he said.
Some of the injured workers are being treated at Kalda Burn Centre here, the SSP said.
A case has been registered against the company in this connection, Kabra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'