12 workers injured in Chhattisgarh factory explosion
Raipur: At least twelve workers were injured, five of them seriously, in an explosion at a rolling mill factory in Chhattisgarh Tuesday, police said.
"12 labourers sustained burn injuries after molten iron fell on them following a blast at Pragati Industries in Urla industrial area, around 15 km from here," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Deepanshu Kabra told PTI/Bhasha.
The seriously injured have been admitted to a hospital in Bhilai, he said, adding they belonged to Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Kabra said around 36 labourers were working at the factory at the time of the mishap. "The blast occurred at the furnace due to air pressure, which threw the molten iron on the workers," he said.
Some of the injured workers are being treated at Kalda Burn Centre here, the SSP said.
A case has been registered against the company in this connection, Kabra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'