4 killed as Naxals blow up bridge in Raipur
Raipur: Four persons were killed and five
injured after Naxals blew up a bridge in Gariyabandh area of
Chhattisgarh a short while after the convoy of state Congress
president Nandkumar Patel passed over it on Wednesday.
A passenger vehicle was damaged during the blast at
Durbhagudi village under Myanpur police station area, some 200
km from here, Durg IG R K Vij said, adding Naxals opened fire
on two other vehicles that followed it, killing at least two
persons and injuring four others.
The injured have been admitted to local hospitals.
Vij said Patel and other Congress leaders had gone to
the village to attend a party function and had been provided a
police escort and a road-opening party as the area is Naxal
ADGP (Naxal operations) Ram Niwas said four people
were killed and five injured in the incident.
The bridge was blown up after Patel`s vehicle had
passed, on the way back, Vij said, adding additional forces
were sent to the spot.
Patel safely reached Myanpur police station, said
Congress MLA Kuldeep Juneja.
He said the vehicle that was damaged in the attack was
carrying Congress workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city