4 killed as Naxals blow up bridge in Raipur
Raipur: Four persons were killed and five
injured after Naxals blew up a bridge in Gariyabandh area of
Chhattisgarh a short while after the convoy of state Congress
president Nandkumar Patel passed over it on Wednesday.
A passenger vehicle was damaged during the blast at
Durbhagudi village under Myanpur police station area, some 200
km from here, Durg IG R K Vij said, adding Naxals opened fire
on two other vehicles that followed it, killing at least two
persons and injuring four others.
The injured have been admitted to local hospitals.
Vij said Patel and other Congress leaders had gone to
the village to attend a party function and had been provided a
police escort and a road-opening party as the area is Naxal
ADGP (Naxal operations) Ram Niwas said four people
were killed and five injured in the incident.
The bridge was blown up after Patel`s vehicle had
passed, on the way back, Vij said, adding additional forces
were sent to the spot.
Patel safely reached Myanpur police station, said
Congress MLA Kuldeep Juneja.
He said the vehicle that was damaged in the attack was
carrying Congress workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire