4 killed as Naxals blow up bridge in Raipur
Raipur: Four persons were killed and five
injured after Naxals blew up a bridge in Gariyabandh area of
Chhattisgarh a short while after the convoy of state Congress
president Nandkumar Patel passed over it on Wednesday.
A passenger vehicle was damaged during the blast at
Durbhagudi village under Myanpur police station area, some 200
km from here, Durg IG R K Vij said, adding Naxals opened fire
on two other vehicles that followed it, killing at least two
persons and injuring four others.
The injured have been admitted to local hospitals.
Vij said Patel and other Congress leaders had gone to
the village to attend a party function and had been provided a
police escort and a road-opening party as the area is Naxal
ADGP (Naxal operations) Ram Niwas said four people
were killed and five injured in the incident.
The bridge was blown up after Patel`s vehicle had
passed, on the way back, Vij said, adding additional forces
were sent to the spot.
Patel safely reached Myanpur police station, said
Congress MLA Kuldeep Juneja.
He said the vehicle that was damaged in the attack was
carrying Congress workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef