Assembly polls: Uncertainties looming, aspirants turn to astrologers
Raipur: Astrologers and temple priests in Chhattisgarh are witnessing an increase in the number of politicians and other aspirants visiting them ever since the announcement of Assembly polls.
Most concerns of these visitors range from seeking appropriate party tickets to an auspicious "muhurat" for filing in their nominations, and to winning the elections.
Astrologers said that many of these aspirants, mostly from Congress and BJP, are also seeking divine intervention to settle their uncertainties including prospects of winning elections, and are even performing `yajnas` and visiting shrines and holy places.
As allegiance typically get redefined during election period, some politicians want to know who are their all-weather supporters.
"Senior politicians and party workers, especially from BJP and Congress, are visiting my place with their kundlis (horoscopes)," astrologer Dattatreya Hoskere said.
A Raipur-based priest Ashok Yadav said candidates are making a beeline for temples in a bid to propitiate deities to ward off "evil eye" and seek blessings to out manoeuvre opponents.
While some leaders have undertaken various vows to ensure their sure shot win, some have resorted to performing special `pujas`.
Astrologers feel the filing of nominations for the second phase of elections is expected to reach a peak on last two days- Oct 31 and Nov 1- as they are considered auspicious.
"We have predicted Dhanteras which falls on Nov 1 and a day ahead as auspicious days for filing of nominations," Hoskere said, adding some of politicians are told to file in their papers according to their zodiac signs so as to better their chances of victory.
Candidates admitted that majority of them are indeed seeking the advice of astrologers due to a number of uncertainties associated with politics, particularly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?