Assembly polls: Uncertainties looming, aspirants turn to astrologers
Raipur: Astrologers and temple priests in Chhattisgarh are witnessing an increase in the number of politicians and other aspirants visiting them ever since the announcement of Assembly polls.
Most concerns of these visitors range from seeking appropriate party tickets to an auspicious "muhurat" for filing in their nominations, and to winning the elections.
Astrologers said that many of these aspirants, mostly from Congress and BJP, are also seeking divine intervention to settle their uncertainties including prospects of winning elections, and are even performing `yajnas` and visiting shrines and holy places.
As allegiance typically get redefined during election period, some politicians want to know who are their all-weather supporters.
"Senior politicians and party workers, especially from BJP and Congress, are visiting my place with their kundlis (horoscopes)," astrologer Dattatreya Hoskere said.
A Raipur-based priest Ashok Yadav said candidates are making a beeline for temples in a bid to propitiate deities to ward off "evil eye" and seek blessings to out manoeuvre opponents.
While some leaders have undertaken various vows to ensure their sure shot win, some have resorted to performing special `pujas`.
Astrologers feel the filing of nominations for the second phase of elections is expected to reach a peak on last two days- Oct 31 and Nov 1- as they are considered auspicious.
"We have predicted Dhanteras which falls on Nov 1 and a day ahead as auspicious days for filing of nominations," Hoskere said, adding some of politicians are told to file in their papers according to their zodiac signs so as to better their chances of victory.
Candidates admitted that majority of them are indeed seeking the advice of astrologers due to a number of uncertainties associated with politics, particularly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video