BJP tarnishing my image over Bastar Naxal attack: Ch`garh Cong VP
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Congress vice president Kawasi Lakhma, who sustained injuries during the Naxal attack on Congress convoy on May 25 in Bastar on Tuesday said the BJP government in the state is dragging his name into the alleged "conspiracy" behind the brutal attack to tarnish his image.
"The state government is trying to tarnish my image by dragging my name into the matter. I am the lone Congress MLA from Bastar region comprising 12 assembly constituencies. The BJP has launched a fake campaign against me considering the upcoming assembly elections," he told reporters here.
BJP had demanded that a narco test be conducted on Lakhma as "it could reveal some important information related to the incident".
"Lakhma can give exact information about the conspiracy involved in the Naxal attack," state BJP spokesperson Ajay Chandrakar had said.
Lakhma, an MLA from Konta constituency in south Bastar, said, "I come from a poor tribal family and the BJP and RSS have always tried tarnish my image."
Maoists had ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district on May 25. Twenty nine persons, including PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh, senior Congress leader Mahendra Karma, ex-MLA Uday Mudaliyar and former union minister VC Shukla, were killed in the incident, which also left 35 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state