Chhattisgarh: policeman, son injured in Naxal attack
Raipur: Naxals on Wednesday shot at a policeman and his son, injuring both critically, in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh.
Bastar SP, B L Meena, told PTI over phone that a group of Naxals attacked Assistant Sub-inspector of police Prakash Shukla (52) and his son Punit (21) when the two were riding a motorbike to Mardum.
Naxals opened fire on them at a point four km outside Mardum.
Both were injured but Prakash kept riding and reached the police station. They were later taken to a hospital in Raipur.
In another Naxal-related incident, Kanker district police discovered a 15-kg tiffin bomb planted along the roadside between Badgaon Police Station and Metagaon.
The bomb was defused, said Kanker SP, C D Tandon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’