Chhattisgarh: policeman, son injured in Naxal attack
Raipur: Naxals on Wednesday shot at a policeman and his son, injuring both critically, in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh.
Bastar SP, B L Meena, told PTI over phone that a group of Naxals attacked Assistant Sub-inspector of police Prakash Shukla (52) and his son Punit (21) when the two were riding a motorbike to Mardum.
Naxals opened fire on them at a point four km outside Mardum.
Both were injured but Prakash kept riding and reached the police station. They were later taken to a hospital in Raipur.
In another Naxal-related incident, Kanker district police discovered a 15-kg tiffin bomb planted along the roadside between Badgaon Police Station and Metagaon.
The bomb was defused, said Kanker SP, C D Tandon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter