Chhattisgarh: policeman, son injured in Naxal attack
Raipur: Naxals on Wednesday shot at a policeman and his son, injuring both critically, in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh.
Bastar SP, B L Meena, told PTI over phone that a group of Naxals attacked Assistant Sub-inspector of police Prakash Shukla (52) and his son Punit (21) when the two were riding a motorbike to Mardum.
Naxals opened fire on them at a point four km outside Mardum.
Both were injured but Prakash kept riding and reached the police station. They were later taken to a hospital in Raipur.
In another Naxal-related incident, Kanker district police discovered a 15-kg tiffin bomb planted along the roadside between Badgaon Police Station and Metagaon.
The bomb was defused, said Kanker SP, C D Tandon.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success