Chhattisgarh: policeman, son injured in Naxal attack
Raipur: Naxals on Wednesday shot at a policeman and his son, injuring both critically, in Bastar district of Chhattisgarh.
Bastar SP, B L Meena, told PTI over phone that a group of Naxals attacked Assistant Sub-inspector of police Prakash Shukla (52) and his son Punit (21) when the two were riding a motorbike to Mardum.
Naxals opened fire on them at a point four km outside Mardum.
Both were injured but Prakash kept riding and reached the police station. They were later taken to a hospital in Raipur.
In another Naxal-related incident, Kanker district police discovered a 15-kg tiffin bomb planted along the roadside between Badgaon Police Station and Metagaon.
The bomb was defused, said Kanker SP, C D Tandon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates