Chhattisgarh to check illegal mining through satel
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government will use satellite imagery to detect activities of illegal mining and establish barriers to check unlawful transportation of minerals.
"Chief Secretary Sunil Kumar has directed to take help of satellite imageries to intensify the drive against illegal excavation of minerals," a senior official here told a news agency.
Kumar has also asked to establish barriers and inspection chowkies jointly by the forest and mineral department to put an effective check on illegal transportation of minerals, the official said.
National Informatics Centre (NIC) will be roped in for accessing the high resolution images from satellite of mining areas.
Besides, demarcation of mining leased areas will be done and later it will be specified in a particular map after coordinating with Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS).
The CS has also directed the authorities to take help of gram panchayats to curb illegal excavation and transportation of minerals in remote areas, the official said.
A special cell will also be formed to check illegal mining and other such issues, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof