Chhattisgarh to check illegal mining through satel
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government will use satellite imagery to detect activities of illegal mining and establish barriers to check unlawful transportation of minerals.
"Chief Secretary Sunil Kumar has directed to take help of satellite imageries to intensify the drive against illegal excavation of minerals," a senior official here told a news agency.
Kumar has also asked to establish barriers and inspection chowkies jointly by the forest and mineral department to put an effective check on illegal transportation of minerals, the official said.
National Informatics Centre (NIC) will be roped in for accessing the high resolution images from satellite of mining areas.
Besides, demarcation of mining leased areas will be done and later it will be specified in a particular map after coordinating with Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS).
The CS has also directed the authorities to take help of gram panchayats to curb illegal excavation and transportation of minerals in remote areas, the official said.
A special cell will also be formed to check illegal mining and other such issues, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery