Congress leaders booked for cutting tri-colour shaped cake
Raipur: A senior Chhattisgarh Congress
leader and Raipur City Congress president were on Saturday booked
for cutting a cake depicting national flag to celebrate party
president Sonia Gandhi`s birthday, police said.
A case under relevant sections of Prevention of Insults
to National Honour Act was registered against Congress leader
Subhash Sharma and city Congress unit president Indarchand
Dhadiwal following a complaint from the activist of
Rashtrawadi Yuva Manch, additional superintendent of police of
Raipur, Lal Ummed Singh told PTI.
The activist in his complaint said that Congress leaders
cut a tri-coulour shaped cake on Thursday to celebrate Sonia
Gandhi`s birthday, which was an insult to the national honour
and a case under relevant sections be registered against them,
the officer said.
The investigations are on and the leaders concerned would
be arrested once it is complete, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves