Congress MLA booked for withdrawing govt funds by fake invoices
Korba: A Congress MLA, his two sons and another person have been booked for allegedly withdrawing government funds through fake invoices in Korba district of Chhattisgarh.
However, no arrest has been made so far.
The case was registered yesterday against the Congress MLA from Korba seat Jaisingh Agrawal, his sons Rohit Agrawal and Rishu Agrawal, as well as their partner Naresh Verma, in connection with the alleged fake bills scam, Katghora station house officer (SHO) Gopal Vaishya said.
According to the officer, on 2008, M/s J S Agrawal owned by the MLA had won a Public Works Department`s (PWD) contract for restoration and other construction works on a patch of 29 km on the Katghora-Ambikapur road.
Allegedly, they received payments through counterfeit bills of coal tar purchase while work was on, he said.
The incident came to light when a local activist, Amaranath Agrawal filed a petition in a local court seeking to register case against the leader and his company for fraud and forgery.
The activist had accused the second time Congress MLA from Korba and others of defrauding the exchequer, citing details of payments accessed through the Right to Information Act.
He alleged that the then executive engineer of the Public Works Department Y K Gopal was also involved in hiding evidence related to the case.
Following the court`s directives, an FIR was lodged against the four accused under Sections 420, 467, 468, 471, 477 and other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the SHO said.
An investigation is on and appropriate action would be taken after it is concluded, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands