Congress MLA booked for withdrawing govt funds by fake invoices
Korba: A Congress MLA, his two sons and another person have been booked for allegedly withdrawing government funds through fake invoices in Korba district of Chhattisgarh.
However, no arrest has been made so far.
The case was registered yesterday against the Congress MLA from Korba seat Jaisingh Agrawal, his sons Rohit Agrawal and Rishu Agrawal, as well as their partner Naresh Verma, in connection with the alleged fake bills scam, Katghora station house officer (SHO) Gopal Vaishya said.
According to the officer, on 2008, M/s J S Agrawal owned by the MLA had won a Public Works Department`s (PWD) contract for restoration and other construction works on a patch of 29 km on the Katghora-Ambikapur road.
Allegedly, they received payments through counterfeit bills of coal tar purchase while work was on, he said.
The incident came to light when a local activist, Amaranath Agrawal filed a petition in a local court seeking to register case against the leader and his company for fraud and forgery.
The activist had accused the second time Congress MLA from Korba and others of defrauding the exchequer, citing details of payments accessed through the Right to Information Act.
He alleged that the then executive engineer of the Public Works Department Y K Gopal was also involved in hiding evidence related to the case.
Following the court`s directives, an FIR was lodged against the four accused under Sections 420, 467, 468, 471, 477 and other sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), the SHO said.
An investigation is on and appropriate action would be taken after it is concluded, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter