EC changes voting timing in 5 Assembly seats in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: The Election Commission on Thursday changed the voting timing in five Assembly constituencies of Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district going to the polls in the first phase on November 11.
The polling in Rajnandgaon, Khairagarh, Dongargarh, Khujji and Dongargaon will now take place between 8am and 5pm instead of 7 am to 3 pm announced earlier, Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Kujur told reporters this evening.
As many as 18 Naxal-affected constituencies will go to the polls in the first round for which the voting timing was earlier fixed from 7 am to 3 pm.
Later, some political parties requested the poll panel to change the polling schedule in five of these Assembly segments considered least affected by left-wing extremism.
The polling timing in the 13 other constituencies will remain unchanged, he added.
The last date for filing of nominations for the first phase is October 25 and that of withdrawal is October 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials