EC changes voting timing in 5 Assembly seats in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: The Election Commission on Thursday changed the voting timing in five Assembly constituencies of Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district going to the polls in the first phase on November 11.
The polling in Rajnandgaon, Khairagarh, Dongargarh, Khujji and Dongargaon will now take place between 8am and 5pm instead of 7 am to 3 pm announced earlier, Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Kujur told reporters this evening.
As many as 18 Naxal-affected constituencies will go to the polls in the first round for which the voting timing was earlier fixed from 7 am to 3 pm.
Later, some political parties requested the poll panel to change the polling schedule in five of these Assembly segments considered least affected by left-wing extremism.
The polling timing in the 13 other constituencies will remain unchanged, he added.
The last date for filing of nominations for the first phase is October 25 and that of withdrawal is October 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’