EC changes voting timing in 5 Assembly seats in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: The Election Commission on Thursday changed the voting timing in five Assembly constituencies of Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district going to the polls in the first phase on November 11.
The polling in Rajnandgaon, Khairagarh, Dongargarh, Khujji and Dongargaon will now take place between 8am and 5pm instead of 7 am to 3 pm announced earlier, Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Kujur told reporters this evening.
As many as 18 Naxal-affected constituencies will go to the polls in the first round for which the voting timing was earlier fixed from 7 am to 3 pm.
Later, some political parties requested the poll panel to change the polling schedule in five of these Assembly segments considered least affected by left-wing extremism.
The polling timing in the 13 other constituencies will remain unchanged, he added.
The last date for filing of nominations for the first phase is October 25 and that of withdrawal is October 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal