EC changes voting timing in 5 Assembly seats in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: The Election Commission on Thursday changed the voting timing in five Assembly constituencies of Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district going to the polls in the first phase on November 11.
The polling in Rajnandgaon, Khairagarh, Dongargarh, Khujji and Dongargaon will now take place between 8am and 5pm instead of 7 am to 3 pm announced earlier, Chief Electoral Officer Sunil Kujur told reporters this evening.
As many as 18 Naxal-affected constituencies will go to the polls in the first round for which the voting timing was earlier fixed from 7 am to 3 pm.
Later, some political parties requested the poll panel to change the polling schedule in five of these Assembly segments considered least affected by left-wing extremism.
The polling timing in the 13 other constituencies will remain unchanged, he added.
The last date for filing of nominations for the first phase is October 25 and that of withdrawal is October 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- ISRO tells industry to enhance capacity to meet demand
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China