Four held for supplying explosives to Maoists
Raipur: Police in Chhattisgarh`s Maoist insurgency-affected western region Sunday arrested four people, including two contractors, on charges of supplying explosives to rebels.
The accused were arrested in Rajnandgaon town, some 75 km from here.
"These four men were supplying arms, explosives and daily-used items to the Maoists for years, we had kept a close watch on them and apprehended them today," SK Rathore, deputy inspector general of police (Rajnandgaon Range), told reporters at a press conference in Rajnandgaon.
He said that police recovered a few arms and Rs.400,000 from Irfan, Mohammed Ahmed Qurashi, Tilak Goyal and Deepak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state